In-Slab Duct Ventilation System shall be the ECCODUCT™ system as manufactured by ECCO Manufacturing.
Ducting shall be manufactured with high quality galvanized steel using a spiral wound lockseam with internal reinforcing.
All fittings incased in concrete such as inlet boots, elbows, support brackets, soffit, and wall discharge and spiral wound duct shall have labeled fittings tested to ULC standards
- The ECCODUCT™ system has a MAX 3-HR F & FT rating tested in accordance with ULC S115-M95 and ASTM E814-02 test requirements.
- Impact loading meeting requirements of CAN3 A23.1 M77, Falsework for Construction Purposes.
- Point loading meeting requirements of CSA S269.1 1975, Falsework for Construction Purposes.
- Airflow and duct friction charts to be provided in accordance with SMACNA and ASHRAE guidelines.
Testing data shall be provided to the engineer prior to installation to ensure the above requirements are met.
In cold weather climates, ECCODUCT™ shall be externally wrapped with Reflectix® DBWEF Duct Insulation on the exterior envelope discharges and intakes. Insulation distance to comply with local codes. Installation shall be completed as per “ECCODUCT™ Installation Procedures”, as provided by ECCO Manufacturing™. Non compliance may result in impeded performance for which ECCO™ does not assume responsibility.
Size: 12" × 1-3/4"
Material: Galvanized Steel
Lengths: Standard Length is 10 Feet
The ECCODUCT™ system is a rectangular spiral seamed duct embedded in the structural concrete floors of high-rise buildings.
The ECCODUCT™ system has a 3-hour fire rating on all encased components and has passed extensive testing to give trouble free installation and service.
The primary use of ECCODUCT™ is to exhaust air from bathroom fans, range hoods, and clothes dryers but can also be used for fresh air intake and supply air.
All testing performed by Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd. Warnock Hersey and Hardy Associates Ltd.
CFM's shown on chart are for matching fan delivery to duct systems.
Equivalent length of fittings:
- Inlet Boot, 26 ft.
- Wall Discharge with Damper and Grille, 6 ft.
- 45° Elbow, 7ft.
- 90° Elbow, 12 ft.
- 30° Elbow, 7 ft.
- Soffit Discharge with Grille, 13 ft.
Example: A 100 CFM systems consists of: inlet boot; 15 ft. duct; one 45° elbow and wall discharge with damper and grille. Total equivalent feet of duct equals 26 + 15 + 7 + 6 which equals 54 feet. Duct capacity required is 100 CFM, therefore, from chart, fan must deliver at least 100 CFM @ 0.20 inches of water static pressure or greater.
* Based on 4.50" equivalent round diameter.